Listening Skills, 2007
2007 Association Training Conference
Where: Parish Church of St Andrew, Swavesey, Cambridgeshire
When: Saturday 30th June 2007
Time: 10:00 - 16:30
This year, the Association will be hosting the Central Council of Church Bell Ringers, Education Committee course on Listening Skills.
Listening is an essential ringing skill, and this very popular one day course explores why many people find it hard to develop.
The course gives advice on how to develop listening skills and how to integrate them with other skills. Much of the day is spent in three practical sessions using a simulator, a listening tutor and recorded live ringing. Participants are encouraged to share their own experience and join in discussions.
The seminar is suitable for all ringers, especially those who are keen to understand the listening skill better. It is particularly suitable for teachers of ringers since they will pass on what they learn to a larger number of people.
- The aims of the course are:
- To give insights into the listening process and how to develop listening skills
- To use practical tasks to exercise participants' listening skills
- To encourage interaction and sharing of ideas
- To give the impetus for further development
The course has a strong practical content and is divided into three sessions.. These are based on:
- A standard ringing simulator
- A listening tutor (!Strike)
- CD recorded ringing